(MFA) Altafluor 600
ALTAFLUOR® 600 MFA Tubing & Pipe
MFA (perfluoro methyl alkoxy) is a co-polymer of terafluoroethylene and perfluoromethyl vinyl ether. MFA is similar in characteristics and performance to PFA.
ALTAFLUOR® 600 MFA Tubing and pipe products have superior clarity over standard PFA products.
Like PFA resins, ALTAFLUOR® 600 resins provide excellent stress crack and chemical resistance.
It has purity levels equal or better than most standard PFA resins.
Additionally, the ultra-smooth surface finish of ALTAFLUOR® 600 tubing products make them ideal for applications requiring quick and easy clean out.
ALTAFLUOR® 600 MFA tubing is recommended for applications involving UV transmission and visible spectrums.
For chemical applications not exceeding 480 °F, ALTAFLUOR® 600 tubing and pipe may prove to be cost effective options.
ALTAFLUOR® 600 tubing may be used with flare or conventional fittings.
ALTAFLUOR® 600 MFA PIPE may be joined using conventional threaded fittings or welded.
ALTAFLUOR® 600 MFA Tubing & Pipe Features:
- 100% virgin grade high performance resin
- Chemically inert to nearly all industrial chemicals and solvents
- Better clarity than PFA in UV and visible spectrums
- Higher service temperature than FEP
- Lower permeability than FEP
- Better impact resistance than PFA
- Smoother surface finish than PFA
- Lower extractable levels than standard FEP and PFA
- Moisture absorption nearly zero
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Tubing is available in retractable coiled hose form for spray-guns and chemical transfer applications
- Chemical process
- Paint spray
- Electrical insulation
- Heat exchangers
General: Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM 6314
Temperature: –100 °F to 482 °F
Flammability: UL 94 VO rated. MFA resists combustion and does not promote flame spread