(PTFE) Altafluor 100
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE Tubing
PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) was the original Teflon® material first developed by E.I. Dupont Co.
PTFE tubing is the most flexible of all fluoropolymer tubing offered. ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing has the broadest temperature range of any fluoropolymer and can resist highly corrosive liquids and gases even at elevated temperatures.
The smooth surface finish and lowest coefficient of friction & lubricity make the tubing, pipe or rod ideal for bushing or bearing applications.
Tubing coil and reel lengths may be limited due to batch size – please call to confirm available tubing lengths at time of order.
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing is compatible with most standard fittings (not suitable for use with flare-type fittings).
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE Tubing Features:
- 100% virgin grade PTFE resins
- Most flexible fluoropolymer tubing as compared with: FEP, PFA, HP PFA, UHP PFA, ETFE, ECTFE
- Chemically inert and resistant to nearly all industrial chemicals and solvents
- Low permeability
- Smooth non-stick surface finish
- Lowest coefficient of friction
- Excellent electrical properties
- FDA compliant
- PTFE tubing is suitable for use with conventional fittings
- Chemical process
- Analytical and process equipment
- Emissions Monitoring
- Cryogenic Applications
- High Temperature Applications
- Electrical applications
- High Temperature applications
- Ozone applications
- Automotive Paint Spray
- Automotive Push-Pull Cables
- Automotive hose assemblies
General: ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing meets or exceeds the requirements listed in ASTM D 3295 (except for dimensional on specific items – pls. contact factory for details)
Temperature: –410°F to 500°F continuous / 550°F short-term
Flammability: PTFE tubing resists combustion and does not promote flame spread
FDA: PTFE Tubing is approved for use in food contact applications in compliance with FDA regulation: 21 CFR 177.1550