(PVDF FLEX) Altafluor 550
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF Flex Tubing
PVDF Flex (polyvinylidene fluoride – commonly known by the trade name KYNAR Flex®) is a more flexible version of PVDF tubing.*
ALTAFLUOR® 550 Tubing is resistant to many commonly used industrial fluids and gasses, including ozone, and does not support the growth of fungi.
For this reason ALTAFLUOR® 550 tubing is preferred for water disinfecting processes involving ozone such as aquarium, spa, pool and agriculture.
Additionally, ALTAFLUOR® 550 tubing and pipe products are ideal for applications with exposure to less aggressive chemicals and lower temperature exposure (over FEP or PFA) or those requiring low extractable levels.
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF tubing is available in standard and metric sizes. ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF tubing is compatible with most standard fittings (not suitable for use with flare-type fittings).
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF pipe is available upon request.
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF Flex Tubing Features:
- 100% virgin grade KYNAR Flex® PVDF resin
- Tubing is produced using NSF 51 and NSF 61 certified resin
- Chemically resistant to many industrial chemicals and solvents including acids, chlorinated chemicals, brominated chemicals, alcohols, and hydrocarbons
- Low smoke and flame properties
- Resistant to bacteria and fungal growth
- Good abrasion resistance
- Low permeability
- Excellent creep resistance
- Excellent thermal stability
- Better flexibility (over ALTAFLUOR® 500)
- UV resistant
- Nuclear radiation resistant
- FDA compliant
- Metal preparation
- Food & beverage
- Petrochemical processing
- High purity semiconductor
- Water purification
- Chemical process
- Nuclear waste
- Ultra-pure water process systems
- Pulp & paper
- Pool & spa
General: Resin meets or exceeds requirements listed in ASTM D 3222
Temperature: -20° F to 212° F
Flammability: UL 94-VO rated KYNAR FLEX® PVDF resists combustion and does not promote flame spread
FDA: KYNAR FLEX® PVDF is approved for use in food contact applications in compliance with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600