(PFA) Altafluor 400
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA Tubing & Pipe
PFA (perfluoroalkoxy) is the tubing of choice for applications involving extreme chemical resistance combined with high temperature exposure.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA tubing and pipe are made exclusively from the highest molecular weight resins available giving them superior physical properties.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA tubing is suitable for even the most demanding applications.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA pipe may be used with conventional threaded fittings or welded.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 is compatible with flare or conventional type fittings.
For applications where reduced permeation is critical, please contact Altaflo for information on our new Low Permeation PFA Tubing.
For Semiconductor and other high purity applications, please view our ALTAFLUOR® 480 UHP PFA Tubing and Pipe information.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA Features:
- 100% virgin grade high performance resins used to resist stress cracking
- Chemically inert to nearly all industrial chemicals and solvents
- Higher thermal stability than with FEP
- Lower permeability than with FEP
- Moisture absorption nearly zero
- FDA compliant for food contact
- ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA Tubing is suitable for use with flare or conventional fittings
- Available in coiled hose and convoluted constructions
- Low permeation variants are also available
- Semiconductor grade PFA is also available – please see our ALTAFLUOR® 480 UHP PFA Tubing & Pipe information
- Chemical process
- Heat exchangers
- Laboratory applications
- Flow monitoring
- Emissions monitoring
- Double containment systems
- Food processing
- Electrical insulation
- Automotive hose
- Automotive paint spray
General: ALTAFLUOR® 400 meets or exceeds the requirements listed in ASTM D6867-03 and ASTM D3307.
Temperature: –300°F to 500°F
Flammability: UL 94 VO rated. PFA resists combustion and does not promote flame spread
FDA: ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA is approved for use in food contact applications in compliance with FDA regulation: 21 CFR 177.1550
USP CLASS VI: Altafluor 400 PFA tubing meets the requirements of USP Class VI
- ALTAFLUOR®400 – PFA Tubing & Pipe Information Pack
- Includes Part Number/ID/OD/Wall Tubing chart, Bend Radius and Working Pressure for Tubing Chart, Schedule 40 Pipe chart, Convoluted Tubing Construction chart
What is Altafluor 400 PFA?
Altafluor 400 PFA tubing and pipe are made from high molecular weight resins, which gives them superior physical properties. Altafluor 400 PFA can withstand temperatures of between -300˚F and 500˚F, resists combustion, and does not promote flame spread. Suitable for a wide range of applications Altafluor 400 PFA tubing and pipes are available in coiled hose and convoluted constructions, and are also available in low permeation variants if required.
What are the features of Altafluor 400 PFA?
Altafluor 400 PFA is made from 100% virgin grade high performance resins, which are resistant to stress cracking. It is chemically inert to almost all industrial chemicals and solvents, and has a higher thermal stability and lower permeability than FEP. Altafluor 400 PFA is translucent, with moisture absorption of nearly zero. It is also approved for use in food contract applications in compliance with FDA regulations.
What can Altafluor 400 PFA be used for?
Altafluor 400 PFA is suitable for both flare and conventional fittings and has a number of possible applications, including chemical processes, heat exchangers, laboratory applications, and food containment systems. It can also be used in electrical insulation, emissions monitoring, flow monitoring, and automotive paint spray.
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA tubing is certified to NSF 51, NSF 61 and NSF 372
ALTAFLUOR® 400 PFA has been tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 51, NSF/ANSI 61 to Commercial Hot (180° F/82° C), and NSF/ANSI 372 for lead free compliance. View our certification.