(PVDF FLEX) Altafluor 550
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF Flex Tubing
PVDF FLEX (polyvinylidene fluoride – commonly known by the trade name KYNAR FLEX®) is a more flexible version of PVDF. ALTAFLUOR® 550 Tubing is resistant to many commonly used industrial fluids and gases, including ozone, and does not support the growth of fungi. For this reason ALTAFLUOR® 550 tubing is preferred for water disinfecting processes involving ozone such as aquarium, spa, pool and agriculture.
Additionally, it is ideal for applications with exposure to less aggressive chemicals and lower temperature exposure (over FEP or PFA) or those requiring low extractable levels.
ALTAFLUOR® 550 is available in many standard sizes available to ship from stock.
Custom sizes are available upon request.* ALTAFLUOR® 550 tubing is compatible with most standard fittings (not suitable for use with flare fittings).
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF Flex Tubing Features:
- 100% virgin grade KYNAR FLEX® PVDF
- Chemically resistant to many industrial chemicals and solvents including acids, chlorinated chemicals, brominated chemicals, alcohols, and hydrocarbons.
- Low smoke and flame properties
- Resistant to bacteria and fungal growth
- Good abrasion resistance
- Low permeability
- Excellent creep resistance
- Excellent thermal stability
- Better flexibility (over ALTAFLUOR® 500)
- UV resistant
- Nuclear radiation resistant
- FDA compliant
- Metal preparation
- Food and beverage
- Petrochemical processing
- High purity semiconductor
- Water purification
- Chemical process
- Ultra-pure water process systems
- Pulp and paper
- Pool and spa
General: Resin meets or exceeds requirements listed in ASTM D 3222
Temperature: -20° F to 212° F
Flammability: UL 94-VO rated KYNAR FLEX® PVDF resists combustion and does not promote flame spread
FDA: KYNAR FLEX® PVDF is approved for use in food contact applications in compliance with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600
- ALTAFLUOR® 550 – PVDF Product Information
- Includes Part Number/ID/OD/Wall Tubing chart, Bend Radius and Working Pressure for Tubing Chart
- Ordering Information
- Coiled Tubing / Hose Worksheet
- Altaflo Tubing & Pipe Catalog
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF FLEX tubing is certified to NSF 51, NSF 61 and NSF 372
ALTAFLUOR® 550 PVDF FLEX has been tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 51, NSF/ANSI 61 to Commercial Hot (180° F/82° C), and NSF/ANSI 372 for lead free compliance. View our certification.