(PTFE) Altafluor 100
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE Tubing
Also known as:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene tubing
PTFE is the most flexible of all fluoropolymer tubing offered. ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing has the broadest temperature range of any fluoropolymer and can resist highly corrosive liquids and gases even at elevated temperatures.PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) was the original Teflon® material first developed by E.I. Dupont Co.
The smooth surface finish and lowest coefficient of friction & lubricity make the tubing, pipe or rod ideal for bushing or bearing applications.
The translucent white color may vary. However, quality and physical properties remain unchanged between ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing.
Tubing coil and reel lengths may be limited due to batch size – please call to confirm available tubing lengths at time of order.
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing is compatible with most standard fittings (not suitable for use with flare-type fittings).
ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE Tubing Features:
- 100% virgin grade PTFE resins
- Most flexible fluoropolymer tubing as compared with: FEP, PFA, HP PFA, UHP PFA, ETFE, ECTFE
- Chemically inert
- Industrial solvent and chemical resistant
- Low permeability
- Smooth non-stick surface finish
- Lowest coefficient of friction
- Excellent electrical properties
- FDA compliant
- Is suitable for use with conventional fittings
- Chemical process
- Analytical and process equipment
- Emissions Monitoring
- Cryogenic Applications
- High Temperature Applications
- Electrical applications
- High Temperature applications
- Ozone applications
- Automotive Paint Spray
- Automotive Push-Pull Cables
- Automotive hose assemblies
General: ALTAFLUOR® 100 PTFE tubing meets or exceeds the requirements listed in ASTM D 3295 (except for dimensional on specific items – pls. contact factory for details)
Temperature: –410°F to 500°F continuous / 550°F short-term
Flammability: PTFE resists combustion and does not promote flame spread
FDA: Approved for use in food contact applications in compliance with FDA regulation: 21 CFR 177.1550